Wednesday 8 December 2010

Motorhead - The World Is Yours (Cd Review)



1.Born To Lose
2.I Know How To Die
3.Get Back In Line
4.Devils In My Head
5.Rock ‘n’ Roll Music
6.Waiting For The Snake
7.Brotherhood Of Man
8.Outlaw
9.I Know What You Need
10.Bye Bye Bitch Bye Bye


Lemmy (Bass/Vocals)
Phil Campbell (Guitars)
Mikkey Dee (Drums)



How else can you start Motorhead album number 38 than with a song called 'Born To Lose'????
Lemmy sings "Go ahead put the blame on me, another reason to disagree, deaf to all the truth for sure, hear the hammer knocking at your door. But you know it’s all fairy tales".

Its pure Motorhead all the way, the bass, the drums, the guitar it never changes its always true, honest and straight forward rock n roll.

Other things never change either, a line from 'Get Back In Line' goes "If you think that Jesus saves, get back in line".
The rock n roll feel to 'Rock N Roll Music' reminds us that Lemmy has always held a large JD & Coke to said genre and reminds us all that "Rock n Roll music is the true religion. Never let you down you can dance to the rhythm".

There is a slight 'Audioslave' vibe to 'Waiting For The Snake' in the opening riff but dont let put you off!

The dark and quite outstanding song 'Brotherhood Of Man' plays like 'Orgasmatron' part two.
Lemmy growls "You cannot hide the truth from me I know what’s in your heart, Greed and jealousy each equal, all your days now dark. Mighty mountains fall in dust the world falls into hell, Faith in lying prophets, no one to lift the spell".
And if you need more that lays it on the line for humanity then, "We kill for money, wealth and lust, for this we should be damned. We are disease upon the world, brotherhood of man", sums it up.
Song ends with an awesome solo from Phil.

'Bye Bye Bitch Bye Bye' chalks up the end of yet another perfect (day) album!
I leave the final word to Lemmy :
"You don’t know a goddamm thing about the real world, Here’s a short sharp lesson, and I mean every word. You tell me that you love me but I’m just some other fool, So bite the bullet, eat your words, I’ll teach you the rules".

STU

Rating 10/10

For Fans Of: Viking Skull, Damned, Ramones

1 comment:

Lee said...

The return of Motorhead is always welcome. Read my full review of 'The World Is Yours' here: http://realgonerocks.blogspot.com/2010/12/motorhead-world-is-yours.html?spref=tw